Argan oil is made from the unique Argan nuts, found exclusively in the Moroccan Atlas Mountains. Traditionally the argan fruits are harvested by the Berber women in the summer months and the argan oil is then extracted from the kernels.
Our 100% pure and organic cold pressed Argan oil is packed full of natural antioxidants, tocopherols (vitamin E) and skin-nourishing fatty acids.
Hush Botanicals work with a producer that source all their kernels from Women’s Cooperatives associated with fair trade principals, to ensure the growers and co-op owners get their fair share of money in return for their hard work.
100% Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil
The beauty elixir …loaded with Vitamin E, fatty acids, and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat scars, acne, and eczema.
A good moisturiser for your skin; it contains omega fatty acids which repair cell membranes and subsequently help to promote healthy skin and anti-ageing.
It's seriously magical—especially if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
Our Argan Oil is
- 100% pure using only the highest quality natural ingredients
- Certified Organic by Ecocert
- Cold pressed to preserve argan oil's fatty acids, vitamins, phenols and carotenes
- Ethically sourced and fairly traded from Berber Women’s Cooperatives
- No additives, no preservatives and no fragrance -or- Additive-free, preservatives-free and fragrance-free
- Not tested on animals at any stage of production
- Reduces wrinkles
- Soothes and minimises inflammation
- Is an antioxidant that can neutralise free radicals
- Can help soothe eczema
- Fades scars
Argan oil can be used on your face, body and hair. Here are a few suggestions on how you can use your argan oil.
For skin, use
- As a face moisturiser for day and night
- As an after-sun lotion or on sunburnt skin to reduce redness and inflammation
- On rough patches and dry skin. Soothing on eczema prone skin
- On acne-prone skin as a moisturiser. As Argan oil is easily absorbed by your skin it is great for acne-prone skin as it non-clogging for your pores and may help with the inflammation from acne
- For all skin types
For hair, use
- As a leave-in conditioner. Apply on damp clean hair to reduce frizz and breakage and to improve moisture. If you have naturally oily roots, apply on ends only.
- On dry flaky scalp and dandruff. Warm a few drops of oil at a time in between your palms and gently massage onto scalp. Leave for a few hours or overnight. This is also good for hair loss prevention, as argan oil is rich in nutrients, it has been found to be good for encouraging healthy hair-growth. Carry out this treatment atleast 2-3 times a week.
- As a deep treatment for dry and brittle hair. Apply 6 – 8 drops of oil through hair from root to tip. Use more or less oil depending on hair length, but remember, a little argan oil goes a long way. Put your hair into a shower cap and leave overnight (the shower cap will help warm the oil helping it penetrate into the hair to work its magic). Wash hair as normal in the morning. Repeat every week for gorgeous, shiny and nourished hair.
Our Argan oil comes in amber glass bottles to protect the precious oil from UV damage. Store your Argan oil at room temperature and away from direct sources of heat and sunlight.
Is Argan oil going to leave my face oily and shiny?
Not at all. Argan oil is different from other vegetable oils in that it penetrates deep into the skin layers leaving no oil slicks in its wake.
Why does this Argan oil have a funny nutty smell?
It’s a good thing that it does too! Pure Argan oil will have a mild nutty smell to it which goes away after application to skin or hair. So when you buy argan oil, make sure you can smell that mild nutty smell, otherwise be assured that it most probably isn’t 100% pure argan oil but a mixture of other oils. Argan oil won’t leave your skin greasy like other vegetable oils as it soaks into skin and doesn’t sit on the skin.
“Wow! I’ve heard of argan oil and it’s benefits before but never really had a chance to try it. Went for it and bought 2 bottles from you and I’ve never looked back. It’s been so good for my skin (not oily as I thought) and leaves my face velvety soft. I use it at night on its’ own. during the day with my normal routine.
Hush Botanicals Argan oil is produced in small batches in partnership with our producer in Morocco. It is available at a small number of select retailers